Lindsay Lohan (pronounced /ˈloʊ.ən/ born July 2, 1986) is an American actress, pop singer and model. She began her career as a child fashion model before making her motion picture debut in Disney's 1998 remake of The Parent Trap at the age of 11. Lohan gained further fame between 2003 and 2005 with leading roles in the films Freaky Friday, Mean Girls and Herbie: Fully Loaded, subsequently appearing in independent films including Robert Altman's A Prairie Home Companion and Emilio Estevez's Bobby.
Her career was interrupted in 2007 as two driving under the influence (DUI) incidents and three visits to rehabilitation facilities led to the loss of several movie deals. Resuming her career, she guest starred in the TV series Ugly Betty in 2008, starred in the 2009 comedy Labor Pains, and appeared in Robert Rodriguez's Machete in 2010. Lohan launched a second career in pop music in 2004 with the album Speak and followed up with A Little More Personal (Raw) in 2005. She has attracted significant publicity, particularly surrounding her personal life.Early life and education
Lohan was born on July 2, 1986, in New York City and grew up in Merrick and Cold Spring Harbor on Long Island, New York. She is the eldest child of Donata "Dina" (née Sullivan) and Michael Lohan. Lindsay has three younger siblings, all of whom have been models or actors: Michael Jr. (who appeared with Lindsay in The Parent Trap), Aliana ("Ali"), and Dakota ("Cody"), the youngest Lohan child. Lohan is of Irish and Italian heritage and was raised as a Catholic. Her maternal family were "well known Irish Catholic stalwarts" and her great-grandfather, John L. Sullivan, was a co-founder of the Pro-life Party in Long Island. Lohan attended Cold Spring Harbor High School, where she did well in science and mathematics until grade 11 when she started homeschooling.
Lohan's parents have a turbulent history. They married in 1985, separated when she was three, and later reunited. They separated again in 2005 and finalized their divorce in 2007.Her father, Michael, is a former Wall Street trader and businessman who inherited his father's pasta business and has been in trouble with the law on several occasions, while her mother, Dina, is a former singer and dancer.
- Apodaca, Rose (March 2008). "Lindsay's Super Comeback". Harper's Bazaar. Retrieved August 26, 2008.
- Bachrach, Judy (May 1, 2007). "Coming of Age". Allure. Retrieved August 31, 2008. (subscription required)
- Finn, Natalie (February 1, 2007). "Lindsay, Focusing on Recovery, Loses Importance". E! Online. Retrieved October 2, 2009.
- Halbfinger, David M. (July 25, 2007). "Lohan’s Arrest Spells Trouble for 2 Movies". The New York Times. Retrieved October 3, 2009.
- Kaylin, Lucy (October 2008). "You Don't Mess With the Lohan". Marie Claire (Hearst Corporation). Retrieved September 26, 2008.
- Peretz, Evgenia (February 1, 2006). "Confessions of a Teenage Movie Queen". Vanity Fair. Retrieved September 3, 2008. (subscription required)
Lindsay Lohan hairstyles
Lindsay Lohan go to party
Lindsay Lohan the best pose